Outpouring of the Holy Spirit

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Joel 2:28-32
And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

• Your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
• And also on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.
• And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth; blood and fire and pillars of smoke.
• The sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood,
• Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
• And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved, for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, as the Lord has said, among the remnant whom the Lord calls.

Introduction:

1. God is pouring His Spirit on all flesh.
2. The evidence of God’s Spirit on the Church:
Christians prophesying.
Old men (the elders of the Church) are dreaming dreams.
Young men are seeing visions.

3. God will show wonders in heaven and earth.

Blood which symbolizes the finished work of Jesus.
Fire which symbolizes the zeal of christians in serving God.
Pillars of smoke which symbolizes the prayer of the saints.

I. The Blood of Redemption.

A. There will be healing of bodies and finances and hurts.
B. There will be evidence of changed lives.
C. There will be deliverance.

II. The Fire of God’s Love.

A. Christians will have fervent love for God and for other people.
B. There will be great zeal for God’s work.

III. The Pillars of Smoke are prayers of Christians.

A. Matthew 18:20. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in
the midst of them.

There will be gathering of christians (cell groups) everywhere.
B. There will be prayers answered and miracles
Therefore offering of thanks giving prayers will be in all places.

0 comments

Post a Comment