Abundance

Saturday, March 6, 2010

John 10:9-11
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly.

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

Introduction:

1. Jesus is the Door.
a. Door symbolizes a change of life and direction.
b. It is an opportunity.
2. The thief is satan.
a. His purpose is only to steal and kill and destroy.
b. Satan will not do anything good. Have nothing to do with him.
3. Jesus came to give you:
a. Life
b. Life of abundance
4. Jesus is the Good Shepherd.
a. He gives life for the sheep.
If you are a christian you are His sheep.
I. God’s will is abundance.
A. Ephesians 3: 17-21. That Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, that you being rooted and grounded in love, may be a ble to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length, and depth and height, to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations forlever and ever. Amen.
God gives us the abundance by Christ Jesus.
1. We need to be rooted and grounded in Love.
2. We need to know the Love of Christ.
3. We need to be filled with the fullness of God.
B. John 15:4-5
Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in Me.

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him bears much fruit, for without me you can do nothing.
We need to remain in Christ
1. In order to bear much fruit.
a. win many souls and raise disciples.
b. be a blessing to others.
c. accomplish things for family, ministry and community.
2. Without Jesus we can do
Nothing.

II. Jesus is My Shepherd.
A. Psalms 23:1 The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want.
1. In times of trouble you will have enough supply.
2. In situations of darkness, you will have light to know what to do. He will lead you.
3. In areas of depression and discouragement, He will lift you up and guide you.
The Lord is my Shepherd
B. Psalms 23: 6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
If we continue to follow our Shepherd
1. Goodness and mercy will always follow us.
2. We are sure to go to heaven.

God bless you with life of abundance and overflowing blessings.

0 comments

Post a Comment