Greater Works For God

Thursday, February 4, 2010

John 14:12-17
Most assuredly I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also, and greater works than these he will do because I go to My Father.
Verse 13-15
And whatever you ask in My name that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
If you love Me, keep My commandments
Verse 16-17
And I will pray the Father and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever.
The Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it neither sees Him nor knows Him, but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

Introduction
1. Those who believe in Jesus will do great things. Greater than the things He did while He was here on earth.
2. Because He will give us the Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus will do whatever we ask in His name because He wants the Father to be glorified in Him.
4. Everything we ask must be in accordance with the word of God and led by the Spirit.
Our purpose must be to glorify God.

I. Our faith must be in Jesus
A. Faith is the substance.
Heb 11:1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
B. The container of faith is our mouth confession and the force of faith is the power of the Holy Spirit.
C. The object of our Faith is Jesus.
The source of our Hope:
Jesus and His promises.
D. All the promises of God in Christ is Yes and Amen.

II. Our example is Apostle Paul.
Acts 14:7-10
And they were preaching the gospel there.
And in Lystra a certain man without strength in his feet was sitting, a cripple from his mother’s womb, who had never walked.
Verse 9-10
This man heard Paul speaking. Paul observing him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed.
Said with a loud voice, “Stand up straight on your feet!” And he leaped and walked.
A. Paul preached the gospel.
B. Paul saw that the cripple man had faith to be healed.
C. Paul said with a loud voice:”Stand up on your feet.”

0 comments

Post a Comment